Friday, June 29, 2007

Home Again!

It is Friday morning, and I am safely home thanks to United Airlines, Ted, and Uncle Olan!

Wyoming was an amazing experience! Although I had visited there once before in 2002, I was reminded of why this area is the most beautiful place on the face of the earth. The pioneers who called the West "God's Country" did not lie. The beauty is stunning, breathtaking, awe-inspiring, and all the adjectives that fail me now. Wyoming does not disappoint. I hope to write more about my experiences later, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm safely home.

The trip home was "interesting," to say the least. Weather delays for the United aircraft from Denver to Jackson Hole caused the return flight (mine) from Jackson Hole to Denver to be delayed. Then when we arrived in Denver we had to wait on the ramp for lightning in the area to clear. There were several people on the plane who had tight connections. I was one of those people. You should have seen me running from gate B26 to gate B18 to catch my connecting flight to Tampa. April and Carla, I'm sure the airport surveillance video is available. I arrived at the gate panting, and fell over the counter. The agent was so kind when he checked my boarding pass. Although boarding had already ended and the gate had been locked, he made a call and found that the plane was still refueling, and he could let me on board. He sent me on my way with several "God bless yous," and of course I blessed him back.

When I found my seat I gave Carla a call, and she told me Uncle Olan was going to pick me up. I don't know how he got wrangled into driving to Tampa International Airport at 1:00 AM, but I blessed him, too! I love Uncle Olan so much. He has been a second father to me, and he has invested time, money, and energy in me in more ways than I can say. He never fails to tell me he loves me every time he sees me, and he proved his love again last night. Thank you, Uncle Olan. You're the BEST!

Well, I've got lots to do today to catch up before I leave again . . . this time to Israel. I'm suffering from sleep deprivation, and although I need to crash for about two days to catch up, I've got to schedule some time to see the best little boy in the whole world, the one who made me Nathan's Uncle.

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, cous! Glad you made it home safe...Wyoming does look beautiful from the pics. It was fun hearing your airport experiences...isn't flying exciting, LOL!

It's been nice to catch up with April this last week. She bought something from my shop & then emailed me before & after pics of projects she did based on some of my posts about painting stuff. Fun!

Rhoda