Friday, August 3, 2007

My Nephew, the Model


The week before Nathan went to Jamaica, while I was in Wyoming, my cousin Kendra took Nathan out for a photo shoot with her daughters and Nathan's cousins Kelsey and Emily. She needed some shots of a redhead for her portfolio, and who better for the job than the cutest redhead I know.

Kendra is an amateur photographer who is well on her way to becoming a professional. She has studied photography for many years, and her pictures have continued to improve over time. I have taken some great pictures of Nathan myself, but none compare to the photos from this session. These photos have great composition, clarity, and of course subject matter. What surprised me the most is how well Nathan took direction for the poses. I don't know what Kendra promised him. He usually ducks or turns the other way if he catches me trying to snap a candid shot.

I could see these pictures in a model's portfolio, so I stayed up late one night and designed one on Snapfish. DeeDee and I both ordered copies, and they arrived within a few days. They look so professional. I know you may never get to see the real books, but you can click here and see the next best thing. If there are any modeling agents out there who want to sign Nathan to a multi-million dollar contract, get in touch with me. I'm his agent.


You did a great job, DeeDah (Kendra)!



6 comments:

Nathansma said...

I second that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments, Howie! Nathan was a trooper for me that day - the shoot lasted 2 1/2 hours and covered 3 different locations. He did exactly what I asked and all I promised him was to go swimming at the YMCA with Emily when we were done. Well, after we had lunch at Chili's, it started thundering. Of course, the YMCA closed their pool and I was in a quandary wondering what to do, because I had PROMISED him swim time. So, we crashed Mark and Karen Gillman's subdivision pool - and all was right with the world. I'm going to Chicago in a couple of weeks for a photography course. Hopefully, I'll learn lots of new techniques! Love you!

Nathan's Uncle said...

DeeDah . . . for some reason the first close-up head shot of Nathan on the post has decided not to show up. It was fine when I first wrote the post. I'll have to go back and work on it. Crazy things happen on these blogs, but it's mostly all good.

Thanks for the lengthy comment and for sharing some background info on the photo shoot.

I want you to get your web site or blog up and running so I can send you some business! Love you 2!

Nathan's Uncle said...

I think I have got the missing picture back in the post. If you see a head shot of a cute redheaded boy in a white shirt looking to your left at the top of the post, then it's fixed.

Nathan's Uncle said...

I didn't realize that you have to register at Snapfish in order to see the Nathan photo book I designed. Registration is free, and Snapfish is a great site, but if you don't want to register to see the album, let me know and I will send you an invitation by email.

Unknown said...

These pictures are amzing! Great job Kendra, My husband has taken up photography over the past couple of years. He loves it!