Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Short, But Sweet!

To make a long story short, the Hoods missed their connection to Tampa in Miami because they had to go through customs. This type of thing is typical with air travel today. So they did not arrive in Tampa at 7:00 PM; they arrived at midnight. DeeDee, Grandaddy, and I went to Outback without them, then met four hours later to head for the airport. It must have been karma from when Carla and Todd picked me up at midnight in Orlando last summer when the Holocaust trip was aborted due to the Israeli conflict with Lebanon.

We parked and met them in the terminal. Airport parking is free for the first hour. Todd was carrying Nathan when they got off the shuttle, and I thought Nathan was asleep, but then he turned around and got down. I was the first one to get a great big hug and kiss! I told him I wasn't gonna let him go. It was great to have him back in my arms again. Todd and Carla took DeeDee and Grandaddy's car to get some things from their barn, so they and Nathan rode with me back to their house. I gave Nathan the picture of us in a frame that he wanted, a Bridge to Terabithia book (because he loved the movie), a Buzz Lightyear DVD, and some cross pendants from Israel for his jewelry collection. I didn't get home and in bed until almost 2:00 AM.

I met Todd, Carla, Nathan, and Todd's parents for breakfast at Fred's Market Restaurant. Nathan was there in body, but he didn't want to be. He did not eat breakfast and was lying down on three seats the whole time. But it was good to see him again.

I had to report to school, and April took my whole family to the airport. They flew to Dallas for a missions conference this week. I called Daddy as I was walking to my car after school, and they had just arrived at the resort where the conference is held. They return this Friday night, and we will have Saturday and Sunday together before the Hoods fly back to Jamaica on Monday. Nathan and I have already made some plans to be together.

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Howie, are you finished painting yet?? LOL That all sounded so familiar, since I've painted all too many times myself. Glad it's you this time, and not me.

Aren't Carla & Todd going to get back to Jamaica just in time for the hurricane?? We've been watching the news & it looks like Jamaica is right in the path. I hope they will be OK & take cover. Keep us posted.

xo,
Rhoda