Wednesday, October 3, 2007

He's Been Faithful for 49 Years!

Forty-nine years ago today I made my debut on Planet Earth. Like everyone, I've had my share of dangers, toils and snares, but I am a grateful man. Although I often complain, I count my blessings. God's been good to me, and Jesus has never failed.

He's Been Faithful

Words and Music by Carol Cymbala
©1989 Word Music

In my moments of fear
Through every pain, every tear
There's a God who's been faithful to me
When my strength was all gone
When my heart had no song
Still in love He's proved faithful to me
Every word He's promised is true
What I thought was impossible
I see my God do.

When my heart looked away
The many times I could not pray
Still my God, He was faithful to me
The days I spent so selfishly
Reaching out for what pleased me
Even then God was faithful to me
Every time I come back to Him
He's waiting with open arms and I see once again

He's been faithful, faithful to me
Looking back, His love and mercy I see
Though in my heart, I have questioned
Even failed to believe
Yet He's been faithful, faithful to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Howie! I love you very much, Deedah

Nathansma said...

To my only brother:
Amen to that. I hope you have a wonderful day. I wish we could be there to celebrate at Outback or Carrabas or any REAL restaurant! I love you so much!
Your only sister!

Unknown said...

God gave us all a great gift when he made you! Happy Birthday dear friend! You are loved deeply!
Sherry :)

apple said...

I SO glad you were born!!

apple said...

To CARLA! Dont be hate N!