Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hinson Family Reunion


The Hinson Siblings

Standing L: Evelyn (My mama)
Back Row L to R: Aunt Doris, Aunt Dorothy, Aunt Peggy
Standing R: Uncle Alton
Front Row L to R: Aunt Mary Lou, Uncle Talmadge, Aunt Sharon (April's mama)

Today we had a small Hinson family reunion at Medard Park on Turkey Creek Road. All of the living Hinson siblings were there as well as several of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The other sibling, Uncle Earl, is in Heaven. The reunion was originally scheduled for 2:00, but they decided to move it up to 11:30 because of the rain forecast.

It was great to see everyone again. I thought I was having a vision when I saw a green minivan pulling into the picnic area. I thought, that looks just like Todd and Carla's van, you know the one I always ran to in the past so I could see Nathan. And as it turned out, it WAS Todd and Carla's van, except now it belongs to my cousins Heather and Timothy Rodriguez, who by the way have three of the cutest babies around.

The food was amazing as always, my Mama's chicken and dumplings most of all. Unfortunately, the rain did come and brought the reunion to an end about the time we finished eating. It was a brief gathering, but we spent a nice time together. A special thank-you to the organizers, especially my first cousin Judy Burkett who publishes and updates the family directory and has kept the Hinson family together through the years.


April & Me


April & Aunt Sharon

The Rodriguez Kids
JerriLynn, Joslyn, Javin

6 comments:

Nathansma said...

So sorry I couldn't be there and even sorrier that our power went out just as I was about to call and talk to everyone. Wheeerrrre's Doyle?

Anonymous said...

THANKS SOOO MUCH! When you live far away it really helps to see pics of the family you miss so much. Marvin & I wish we could have been there. Of course we have all the memories of years past and all the fun we had. Thanks again for posting these. We love ya'll!

Holli

Nathan's Uncle said...

Wooo Hooo! I got another reader, and guess what? She's my cousin! No surprise there. Welcome to the club, Holli!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Well, happy Birthday again...oh, next year will be the BIG one! Get prepared, 50 is not much fun.
Glad ya'll had a good reunion. Don't guess the Blounts will do one ever again. We'll all be old & gray by then...oh yeah, we sorta already are.

Rhoda

Brenda O said...

Howard, Judy sent me the link, this is a great site. Thanks for the pictures, wish I could have been there, I was still recovering from my new knee. At this rate I will be younger than you with all the new parts. Next reunion maybe Holli can pick me up on the way down.
Love you and HB
When are you moving to GA

Opinionated said...

Where is your Hinson family located? I run a site for Hinson Genealogy and would love to talk with Judy Burkett if you could give her my email.

Jerry Hinson White
JerryHWhite@comcast.net