Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Golden Couple Celebrate 50 Years Together!


Fifty years ago today . . .










. . . a sharecropper's daughter























and a farmer's blind son . . .












. . . became man and wife.
Rev. and Mrs. Roland Blount
Pleasant Grove Assembly of God
Durant, Florida
November 3, 1957


The Blounts became missionaries and traveled to many foreign lands. They celebrated their silver anniversary in Latin America . . .

Rev. and Mrs. Roland Blount
Asuncion, Paraguay
November 3, 1982

. . . and today they celebrate their golden anniversary in the Caribbean.

Rev. and Mrs. Roland Blount
Montego Bay, Jamaica

November 3, 2007


Happy Golden Anniversary, Mama & Daddy!

I love you, Howie

3 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh! How sweet, that they are with Carla & Todd on their anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Aunt Evelyn & Uncle Roland. Y'all still look great together. Enjoy that sunshine & beautiful water.

Love,Rhoda

Unknown said...

What a beautiful couple, your mama and daddy! Their life together is an inspiration.

sweetjeanette said...

What a small world, Howie! (I remember you from Turkey Creek). Not sure you remember me though. I remember my dad telling me about my his cousins who were missionaries by the name of Blount. My aunt sent me the link to your blog. What a small, small world!