Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kelsey's 13th Birthday

Layna's sixteenth birthday party was Friday night, and on Saturday we helped Kelsey (Kendra's oldest daughter) celebrate becoming a teenager. Family and friends young and old gathered at Medard Park and enjoyed a delicious lunch catered by Sonny's Barbecue.

The candle wouldn't stay lit!

Finally!

A mountain of gifts.

A truly gracious, grateful, and sweet young lady.

I just liked Carla's expression in this picture.

Daddy & Mama

Hailey & April

Sweatyhead!

The boy loves to play!

Show-off!

Following are some bonus pictures Kendra sent me of Kelsey's special day.

Uncle Roland prays over Kelsey.

My sweaty nephew.

Bailey, Thaddeus, Nathan, Logan, and Jordan

Bubby

2 comments:

Nathansma said...

Somebody must have been getting on my nerves. Remember Daddy dedicated Kelsey when she was a baby. I think that is why he was chosen to pray over her and the food at her party. Love Sonny's!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe that would be "Tawny" that was getting on your nerves, as well as April's and mine! And, yes, Uncle Roland dedicated Kelsey, prayed over her when she turned 13 and will hopefully do the same for Emmy. Oh, and I haven't told him yet, but I've decided that he can marry me again!