Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Rose for My Angel


Today marks six years since my niece and Nathan's sister, Angel Ruth Hood, came into this world and then quickly slipped away. Although I didn't hold her for long, I instantly fell in love with her, and now I miss her so. Because I am in the mountains, this is the first year I was not able to visit the cemetery on her birthday. So before I left, I took a single pink rosebud to her gravesite, like I do every year, and remembered my sweet baby girl. I know that one day I will hold her again.

Links:
Always My Angel

Ode to An Angel (poem)

Angel, we remember you today and always . . . .

Love, Uncle Howie

2 comments:

Nathansma said...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Love, Mama

Unknown said...

Thank you for the post Uncle Howie. Happy Birthday Angel!
Love, Dad